Thursday 11 November 2010

NME weekender

I somehow found myself at the NME weekender in camber sands last weekend backstage chatting to Eightees Matchbox, who were supporting babyshambles .

Nice guys, although me and my friend Nat ( who was on the guest list) might have felt slightly too ego-fied by the whole back stage pass. Eightees matchbox b line disaster, to use their full name were good kind of like a mix of rock and roll, with punk and a bit of grunge, the seriousness of the Doors mixed with edgy, Elvis style vocals.

Check out their myspace.

Babyshambles were less good(although we only heard them from back stage) and one of their songs sounded too much like 'She's Lost Control'. Anyway we didn't have a massive urge to meet Pete Doherty afterward.

Awesome night all the same, I'd pay next time, if I had to.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment